Our contact details
IDna Genetics Ltd T/A Anglia DNA Services
33 Scottow Enterprise Park, Lamas Road, Badersfield, Norwich, NR10 5FB
(T) 01603 358161
Updated 1st July 2021
Data Controller Jeremy Walton
The types of personal information we collect
IDna Genetics Ltd T/A Anglia DNA Services is an independent UK laboratory offering a range of scientific services, specialising in DNA, Drug & Alcohol Testing for both court-directed and private purposes, and the provision of Covid-19 PCR and antibody testing. We take great care to maintain confidentiality and security around all the data we hold.
We currently collect and process the following information:
● Names, contact numbers, email and personal addresses
● Medical conditions and self-reported information about medication taken
● Self-reported information about the previous use of drugs and alcohol
● The nature of proposed and actual genetic relationships between individuals
● Information about legal proceedings including copies of court orders
● The results of tests including evidence of any use of drugs of abuse or alcohol, genetic markers, and the presence or absence of the virus that causes Covid-19 and Covid-19 antibodies
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
● Investigation of genetic relationships
● Investigation of the historic use of drugs and alcohol
● Provision of Covid-19 testing, including generating a certificate
Information can be supplied to us by a variety of means including:
● Completion of an application form on our website
● By email, telephone or post from you or a legal representative such as a solicitor or person working for a Local Authority (Council)
● Referral from another company that uses us as a subcontractor laboratory
● Business card information supplied to us in the course of business dealings e.g. conferences
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
● Produce a DNA Analysis Test Report
● Produce a Toxicological Analysis Test Report
● Produce a Fit 2 Fly or Travel Test Scheme Certificate
● Produce a Covid-19 Test Report
We may share this information with:
● Public Health England
● For a legal DNA or Toxicology case, court officials and the legal representatives of all parties involved
● For a legal DNA case, the results of the test can be shared with any participants in the test including the person(s) with parental responsibility for any child tested
● The company which arranged your test (if we acted as a subcontractor, or if your test is being carried out on the instructions of your employer or school or college)
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) We have a contractual obligation
(c) We have a legal obligation
(d) We have a vital interest
(e) We need it to perform a public task
(f) We have a legitimate interest
How we store your personal information:
Your information is securely stored either electronically on our secure server or physically in secure storage files at our address.
We keep paper and electronic records for completed cases for:
● 2 years for immigration DNA cases
● 1 year for all other DNA cases
● 6 years for all toxicology cases
● 10 years for all Covid-19 testing
We will then dispose your information by secure shredding (paper) or deletion (electronic)
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
● Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
● Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
● Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
● Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
● Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
● Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
● You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com, 01603 358161 or by post to: IDna Genetics Ltd 33 Scottow Enterprise Park, Lamas Road, Badersfield, Norwich NR10 5FB if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at:
IDna Genetics Ltd, 33 Scottow Enterprise Park,
Lamas Road, Badersfield,
Norwich NR10 FB.
Please mark all correspondence “FAO The Data Controller J T Walton”
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data: Information Commissioner’s Office,
Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113. https://www.ico.org.uk